1 (British informal) pork sausage
2 firework consisting of a small explosive charge and fuse in a heavy paper casing [syn: firecracker, cracker]
- Rhymes: -æŋə(r)
A banger can be a:
- A sausage, usually pork and of a lower quality, with a tendency to split open with a "bang" during frying. See also bangers and mash
- A firecracker (British English) or explosive firework designed to make noise
- An old or decrepit car (British English). See also lemon (automobile)
- Slang for a firearm, usually a handgun
- In Australia the terms Banger or G-Banger are interchangeable with G-string
- The nickname of Robert Harvey (derived from the Harvey Wallbanger)
- A hard rocker (from head banger)
- A multi-table poker tournament, normally costing 75 dollars or more
- Ed Banger Records, French Record Label releasing House music.
- Banger racing, a motorsport category using "Lemon" automobiles.